A very good shareware Commodore 64 Emulator. It was written as part of a master thesis! Wow, I wish you could do things like that at university here!
From the site:
CCS64 emulates briefly the following things of an old C64 system:
- The main Commodore 64 console, with the keyboard and peripherals like joysticks, paddles and mouse. It emulates both the different systems sold in Europe as well as the USA.
- Up to four 1541 disk-drives are emulated (which means that you use special files on your PC, as a replacement for the old 5 1/4 inch floppy disks)
- The C2N cassette recorder is also emulated (which means the you use special files on your PC, as a replacement for the old magnetic tapes)
- Many of the old cartridges (that means special hardware expansions for the C64, which were plugged in at the back of the computer) are also emulated.
There is a good site which supports this application, you can find all kinds of documentation, a form and a great quick start users guide. Visit CCS64 Knowledge Base (CCS64 KB)
CCS64: A Commodore 64 Emulator
- Designed by: Per Håkan Sundell